Author Topic: little silly blower  (Read 2708 times)

Offline msw

little silly blower
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »
I got a scroll saw for Christmas some years ago and, having screwed my courage to the sticking point, I've started using it (a Dremel ... never scroll sawed before, so I really don't know if this the cat's meow, a total PoS, or somewhere in the middle) ...

at any rate, there is a small segmented adjustable tube which seems to want to blow sawdust away from the point where the blade and the wood do their thing, but it is woefully underpowered. the sawdust pretty much just sits there.   >:(

When I worked in a commercial shop we had the same segmented tubes, which could be adjusted just by moving them and twisting them around, and then you cracked open a valve which squirted compressed air (there was a central compressor) onto where ever you wanted sawdust go end up on the floor, rather than in your field of view.

This was a very convenient system, and i'm sure it saved a lot of miscut parts, but back to my original rant ...

Is there any way to beef up the air pressure on my scroll saw?  Can the volume or velocity be increased?  Will I end up rigging some sort of hose which will be similar to the one I used in the commercial shop?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!