Author Topic: Dewalt Scrollsaw Table Problem  (Read 9500 times)

Tinker

Dewalt Scrollsaw Table Problem
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:50:31 AM »
More FYI than anything. I'm not sure if it is just my table or if others may have this problem but the front of the table was too high causing the blade to be not at 90 degrees to the table front to back. I showed this to a Dewalt repair center and their suggestion was to move the blade forwadr in the lower blade holder. While this would help it is not really acceptable. My fix was to fashion a brace that would fit the table's rear mount on the saw and raise the back of the table about 3/8 ths of an inch. This also reguired the use of a couple of lon zipties together to hold the back end secure. It looks like the dickens but I've been using it this way for several years now.

If the blade is not 90 degrees to the table front to back and side to side the cuts will have an unwanted angle to them and with clock works this could cause binding in the mesh I guess. At any rate, you folks new to a scrollsaw need to watch out for this. I dearly love my scrollsaw and if it ever wears out, the Dewalt will be replaced with another Dewalt....and if the new one has this same problem, I know how to fix it.

I've used a Ryobi and it just didn't cut the mustard. Anyone looking to buy a saw, check out the Ryobi and look at the design so you'll know what it looks like. There are several other brands that are quite similar. I would say spend the extra $$$ for a Dewalt or higher end saw. All may have issues of some sort. I like the layout and placement of controls on the Dewalt so I'm kind of biased that way. My $.02 for what it's worth.

D.Tholf

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:52:22 AM »
How old is your printer?

Have you checked your ink level?

Have you checked with Epson online or called them? I had a problem with my old Epson, and called them, and while I paid for the call, that was it.

-Trish

Offline bobledoux

Re: Dewalt Scrollsaw Table Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »
I too, own this scrollsaw.  There was a period when they had some quality control problems.  The uneven table was one problem.  Another was misplacement of the blade slot in the table.

There was considerable discussion of these issues in various scroll saw forums.  I suggest you Google that subject. 

The Dewalt is considered one of the best saws available for the price.  It has a  full ball bearing parallelegram cutting system. 

Also try this site: http://www.scrollsaws.com/

D.Tholf

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:32:23 PM »
this is a great accessory. Thank you. I know at least one thread I can go fix immediately.

Offline bebobebo

• Suppercuttingtools
Re: Dewalt Scrollsaw Table Problem
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »
Great share thanks for this.
<a href="http://www.supercuttingtools.com/">Gear Cutting Tools</a>