Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 6700 times)

Offline chuckknight

New Member Introduction
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:48:54 PM »
Hello, everyone.  My name is Chuck, and I'm a nut for clockwork mechanisms in general...wooden works in particular. 

It's been my long time goal to successfully build a clock, and have made several false starts...never could cut the escapement with sufficient accuracy to get it to work, but the basic spur gears were never a problem.  Weird, but true.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself...and, of course, ask anyone for suggestions about successfully starting my (once again) new hobby.

THANKS!

-- Chuck Knight

Digger

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »
Chuck, You have landed on the right web site to gather information on clocks. I am a newbe and I like you came to this site to learn and as of today I have built 8 wooden clocks and all because of the information I have found on this site. If you check out the links on this sit you will find all the information you will need to build what ever type of wooden clock and you may be inspired to designe your own. The talent you will have accsess to at this site is mind boggling. So welcome Chuck,  Digger   

D.Tholf

New Member Introduction
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:28:56 AM »
Please post in this section if you are new to the site, introduce yourself to everyone, and let us know what you think of the site.

Stuart

appance09

New Member Introduction
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
How are you doin guys? you can call me pauline
I am a new member of this forum and I hope Ill have the chance to interact with you all

have a nice day

Offline ray hampton

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
I am a new member also and want to ask about using Plexiglas sheeting to build a clock instead of plywood ? 

Offline Sablatnic

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
Hi!

Rabbit has made one. Looks really good, but he writes, that it was hard to work with and he is not going to do it again.
Still looks like half a million though.
http://flashpages.prodigy.net/rpirtle/_ufiles/detail_ice_e-clock.html

Sablatnic

Offline ray hampton

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
thanks for info.